Sunday, July 15, 2007

We love having Randy in the mountains!

Life is so much more fun with Randy around!

He always has a new toy for us. He always had his special "Randy pats" for us (softer for me than for my big sisters). He always has a water bowl ready on his porch for us. AND, he lets me bark and act mean and stubborn and shy and he stays crouched down calling me name in a sweet voice until I'm finished with my bluster and go up for his greeting! He's so much fun!

He taught Ellie a new toss game with the new orange toy. He has a Barney for us to play with at his place but lets us bring home the power rangers and squeak toys. We haven't played this much in a long time!

And, he makes mom happy. They are always going back and forth between the places, planning the next projects and planning some alone time for naps and such. Ellie, Maddie and I go back and forth with Mom. Last night, when they came home from the auction I decided I didn't want to get off of my couch. But, after a few minutes I decided I didn't want to be alone and went over to the party. Mom heard my jingle jangle as I crossed Randy's bridge.

Randy DID tell on me though. Mom fell asleep on the sofa last night and the big girls were in the house with her, so I stayed at my special spot across our bridge. When I decided I was thirsty about 1am I decided to go to Randy's for water. He was still awake (doing more projects)! And, he TOLD on me! But, he was happy and Mom laughed so it is all okay.

Randy has worked so hard on the roads and the trees and the briars and the fallen limbs. He has a whole section dug out for better water drainage. I have a new favorite spot to sit at the turnaround now. Nice and cool fresh dirt and a view of both places. Life sure in good in the mountains.

I am so glad Randy is up there with us now :-)

2 comments:

Randy said...

Miss Ruthie,
I had just as good a time with all the family up in the mtns. as you did.
I hope you enjoyed the bowl of cold water on the porch ,Saturday night . I was glad you were not a Bear or mystery person; feel free to come visit at 1 AM any time!!
Did you make a secret resting spot under my skywalk bridge? I saw a spot that was suspicious........

Thanks for letting Mattie & Ellie have some fun time as well. You are very nice to share your 2 body guards so much.

Ruthie, I hope you enjoy the improvements that are going on, please be patient while we get things in tip-top shape.
Feel free to use the cleared upper forest area, we personally de-tangled all the briars out for you, to now you are able to use as a new rest-stop /sanitation area. Enjoy.

See you in a few weeks,
Your new next door neighbor ,

Randy

PS: thanks for assisting/watching me during the spray painting of the Rocking Chairs & cleaning of the gutters.

D said...

Randy sounds like such a great guy! A great neighbor and a great friend. :) You are lucky Ruthie! And so is your mom. And I'm sure your help on the rocking chairs and the gutters was invaluable. I doubt Randy could have done it without you!