Monday, July 23, 2007

My new hero!

Booker West was splashing his hands in a birdbath in his grandparents' northern Colorado back yard when the snake slithered up to the toddler, rattled and struck. Five-pound Zoey jumped in the way and took the bites.

"She got in between Booker and the snake, and that's when I heard her yipe," said Monty Long, the boy's grandfather.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070723/ap_on_fe_st/odd_chihuahua_rattlesnake

5 pounds of hero!

Watch the video!

Our own Hairy Potter - complete with a scar!

3 comments:

D said...

It's hard to imagine a world without pets.

boxercab said...

That is such a great story. I love dogs so much! :)

Anonymous said...

I grew up sleeping with a chihuahua in my arms and another one keeping my feet warm. No rattlesnakes approached - but they were ready! :-)