Friday, November 23, 2007

A really great Thanksgiving

Mom cooked Thanksgiving yesterday. Well, she cooked a few things and folks brought other food. I got up and barked and Carroll and Richard when they first got there. Then, mom put me in my chair - and I stayed there for the rest of the day.

Aunt Dee and Cito came next. Aunt Dee told mom that I growled at her. I just don't trust Aunt Dee. When she's around I'm pretty sure mom is going out of town. The house smelled too good for me to leave today!

Harold and Frances next. Harold wondered what happened to "The Barker". He didn't hear me bark all day. What's the point of barking when the house is already full?

Dan came and he was very nice. He asked mom if I were a "real" schnauzer. (I think they used the word "registered". Just because mom hasn't taken me for a haircut lately and I'm very shaggy now doesn't mean I'm not REAL!

Mom picked me up and moved me to the new/old chair. She gave up MY chair so a human could sit in it! :-O What the heck is going on?! She put me in the chair she brought back from G'ma B's room at the nursing home. It's had stuff in it since it showed up. I didn't realize what a really great chair it is! Very soft. Very nice. It's my new favorite chair. I even jumped off the bed last night and when mom came to check on me I was in the G'ma B's chair. I jumped back in it a few minutes when I got back from outside and "doing my business".

Carroll asked mom if I could walk. What?!?! Then Carroll pointed out that mom had carried me from chair to chair and I hadn't moved of my own accord all day. Heck, when you have it this good, why move?

Life is good. Mom told me that we are going to the mountains today. Dang, this place is clean and the chair is open and we are going away! Oh, well. Life is good up there too. Happy Thanksgiving to YOU! I hope yours was as great as mine! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruthie! I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving and that you have a new chair! My day was good also. I got a nice can of dinner with turkey, duck, chicken, sweet potatoes, carrots and green beans. Mom said they were eating the same thing only I had more meat. I guess I got the better meal! We had lots of company and it was fun to have them around. I was pretty tired by the end of the day because of the excitement. I think mom was tireder though. She went to sleep on the couch when everybody went home and didn't wake up until way after dark.