Thursday, August 16, 2007

Serenade

We are being serenaded - by deep, low Laba-dog barks.

The labs are in their rooms - the enclosed porches. I fed them over an hour ago. Ellie spilt her food in the excitement of having the dog food topped with chicken. Mad ate her food. Ellie piddled over hers. Neighbor Dog was waiting patiently outside the dog door.

When it was obvious Ellie was not going to eat more, I let ND inside. The serenade began.

I just sneaked back to check on them. Three labs. All with happy eyes and wagging tails. Mad was sleeping in my office. ND was sitting just inside the door. Ellie is sprawled next to the spilled dog food - and doing a fine job of "protecting" the food from the intruder.

Funny girls. Happy dogs. Someone is going to have to eat the food, I'm going to have to pick it up or they are all going outside for the night. I think I can take MAYBE 30 more minutes of this serenade. :-)

No comments: